Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Laura Capitano: Story: Beating cancer, the proton way

I was so glad to see this story by Laura Capitano in the Florida Times-Union on Sunday!

You'll see I mentioned the University of Florida Proton Therapy Institute in an earlier post. As I did the research for newer treatments of pancreatic cancer, especially proton therapy, I was astounded to learn so much about the gem we have right here in Jacksonville.

I think Laura wrote a great piece about the Proton Therapy Institute, especially by including the positive comments and enthusiasm of patients who have received treatment there and pointing out that a cancer patient absolutely must take charge of their own case. For whatever reasons, and I don't even care to speculate here, the average doctors don't seem to offer all the treatment options available.

Kudos, Laura - you did a great job!

No comments: